Sunday, June 24, 2018

Summer


Some of the pictures, which are all from my phone, do not look like real life at all! I hate that. The sky could be a beautiful bright blue with lime-green and rich green grasses in the background but it doesn't look that way. So, I do edit the pictures to look less gray and dull. 


The lot next-door to us (where my parents will move soon)








I guess Warren is learning to drive


My wood arrived! Did I ever say how much I hate carpet! Some people (probably without seven kids) might love carpet...I loath it! So our house will not have anything in it that can't be taken out and beaten! I've also learned from my wonderful housekeeper of a mother, that untufted wool rugs are the best for cleaning and durability.  Not too cozy or soft, but we don't lounge around on our floors very often. We're usually on a couch or bed. I put clean way ahead of form or function most of the time anyway. 


Warren's team took second place. They are so darn cute! I just love this age and I have a soft spot in my heart for little boys (maybe because I have five of them). 
Shad made All-stars in his league and we had a great time traveling around to local tournaments. But I'm tired...and football starts Monday. I never thought I'd be a sports mom. Not my thing. But as James has said, you don't really have a choice with five boys. 😁











We spent eight hours, two days in a row,
 smoothing out load after load of wet rock. I think I worked muscles that didn't exist before that day. It was really nice being down there as a family working together. 


Fresh of the grill burger break 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring is in the Air

With planting season under way, we had a week of really wet weather and James was able to be home to work on the house again. I was so ple...