Friday, June 08, 2018

Planting Time


Breathtaking! That's all I can say about the views on top of the canyon. It reminds of Scotland...or a fairytale. It's amazing. My phone camera likes to FLATTEN everything though! It's much more amazing in person.







OUR ADDRESS TAG CAME!
Audra and I stopped for a really cheesy, huge and
deliciously unhealthy burger
at a local restaurant.
It's owner is also our contractor!
Oh and our kid's baseball coach! Small world around here.

The men started planting a few weeks ago. Planting and harvest are a big deal here. Every prayer in church and around the dinner table includes praying for good weather. Sometimes they need rain, and sometimes they need sun. 

I was driving home the other day, and I couldn't believe what a good decorator God is. They really know what they are doing up there. Summer will come with lots to do and then once fall and winter arrive, it's time to settle down and kind of hibernate for a little while. I will LOVE hibernation in my little house. 

The permits have been drawn and the loan is closed. It's a little scary. We signed our lives away to a Mort-Gage. Yep, mort means death. 

We have an address now! Just no house on it yet. I was kind of hoping that we got to pick our own street name and address number. I may have had one picked out, but I guess that's not how it works. And I guess we don't actually have our own street, just a looooong driveway. 

We had a scare when we were told we may have accidentally dug our foundation hole on the edge of our lot, possibly overlapping my parent's lot! But, I caught the surveyor coming up the canyon and he assured me that we are OK! Phew. 

Concrete finally came after two weeks of tsunami weather. We are two weeks behind our schedule already, but I guess I mentally prepared myself for that. Now that framing is going to begin, it'll start going faster.

The boys tried out for All-Stars baseball team...I assumed they didn't make it and I was ready to be done and focus on something else....

FUNNY STORY!!!

Well, I got a text from the coaches...I thought the text was for practice from Kyler's coach (Kyler is 8), so I dropped him off and realized afterward that it was actually Shad's first All-Star practice! (Shad is 10) He had made it and I missed the text saying that Shad was on the All-Star team. Kyler was fuming mad that I left him there with all the big boys. They kept calling him little dude and tried to figure out who he was and why he was there! I'm laughing so hard I could cry! They let him practice with them anyway which was so nice. But really, for an 8 year old to have to play with 10 year olds and he wasn't supposed to be there...poor Kyler! He was a good sport about it. So it's back into the swing of things with baseball...no pun intended. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring is in the Air

With planting season under way, we had a week of really wet weather and James was able to be home to work on the house again. I was so ple...